Although the pizza is Italian and we have no doubts about it, its date of origin is not known exactly. John Dickie explains in his book Delizia the history of Italian food and, according to him, the term “pizza” shares its origin with the asks for Turkish and the Greek pitta , so We assume it is quite old. There are even some references to pizza since 1700. Although pizza is eaten throughout the world, many restaurants and homes do not respect the norms of traditional Italian cuisine and, although we do not pretend to be the great masters of pizza, we are going to leave some tips to make the perfect pizza .
You may also be interested in: Tuna, onion and corn pizza, step by step recipe
- 160g of flour 0000
- 100ml of warm water
- 1 teaspoon of fine salt
- 1 spoon of olive oil
- 7g fresh yeast
- Fried tomato sauce c / n
- Cheese or mozzarella
Step by step development
1. To make the perfect pizza , dissolve the fresh yeast in the warm water and let it rest in a warm, covered place for 10 minutes.
2. Place the flour and salt in a bowl and pour the water with the yeast. Knead slowly as you pour the water until you get a homogeneous mass.
3. Knead for a few minutes and pour more flour if necessary until you reach a dough that does not stick to the table or hands.
4. Once you obtain a elastic and homogeneous dough , pour the oil over and knead again to absorb it.
5. Make a bun and make a cross cut so that it grows well. Return it to the bowl, cover it with a damp cloth and let it stand for four hours.
6. Leave the dough in a warm place with a temperature of 25 ° C.
7. Heat the oven to maximum temperature and divide the bun in two. Stretch the dough with the help of a roller and prepare two round pizzas 30cm in diameter , very thin.
8. Place an oven stone on top of the rack so that the dough loses moisture quickly and becomes much more crispy.
9. Put the dough on the rack or stone and heat it for two minutes.
10. Remove the pizza dough from the oven and add the fried tomato sauce and cheese or mozzarella, and the rest of the ingredients you have chosen.
11. Return the pizza to the oven and bake until the edges are golden brown. Remove the pizza and add the fresh ingredients that you have not put in the oven. Serve immediately.
What do you think of this homemade pizza recipe ? Leave your comments and visit the category Pasta to learn how to make many other recipes.