Bolognese or Bolognese sauce is commonly used to accompany noodles or any other pasta, or typical polenta. It is red, thick and contains minced beef or pork, as well as tomatoes or tomato sauce and other ingredients and spices. The people of Bologna use this sauce to serve the ragout with noodles, gnocchi or polenta, although it can also be used to fill in lasagna or cannelloni. It is delicious and has spread from Italian cuisine to the whole world. We love her and, therefore, in Placer al Plato we teach you how to make the best Bolognese sauce recipe for your pasta .
- 250g of minced beef
- 250g of minced pork
- 1 liter of crushed tomato sauce
- 1 onion
- 1 celery
- 1 carrot
- 1 glass of red wine
- 1 beef broth tablet
- 1 glass of water
- Extra virgin olive oil c / n
- Salt c / n
Step by step development
- For a lighter version of the Bolognese sauce , I advise you to use 500g of minced meat and discard the pork. To start, peel the carrot and onion and place the meat together in a bowl.
- Cut the carrot, onion and celery into small dice.
- Put some extra virgin olive oil in a large pot and put the water in another pot. Take to the fire.
- When the water breaks, boil the beef broth and mix.
- When the oil is hot, add the onion and let it cook for a few minutes. Once translucent, incorporate the carrot and celery. Stir very well and cover the pan.
- Once the sofrito is done, add the meat and mix. Make it brown a little on the outside and pour salt to taste.
- As soon as it has changed color, add the red wine and let it evaporate. Once the wine has evaporated or absorbed by the meat, pour the beef broth. Let cook for 10 minutes with the pot covered.
- After 10 minutes, add the tomato sauce or mash . Mix, cover and lower heat to a minimum. Let cook for 60-90 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Let stand overnight to accentuate the flavors and the next day, it only remains to heat and use it.
I assure you that this Bolognese sauce is super rich and very easy to make. If you are going to make noodles or any other pasta in the week, I advise you how well I commented on the last step, make it a day earlier so that it thickens a little more and is much tastier.
Visit the category Sauces to learn more about other preparations.