These lentil meatballs are very easy to prepare and can be eaten alone with tomato sauce , with spaghetti, on sandwich bread or flour tortilla. During the cooking of the lentils you can incorporate some bay leaves and black peppercorns to give it much more flavor and aroma. These delicious meatballs that I will teach you to make next are full of iron and are great for making a healthy snack for work or for school for children.
- 400g crushed tomato
- 200g of brown lentils
- Vegetable broth
- 150g of breadcrumbs or breadcrumbs
- 1 carrot
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 red onion
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ bunch fresh parsley
Step by step development
1. Wash the brown or green lentils and put them in a medium pot; Cover them with the vegetable stock.
2. Bring to medium heat and when it boils, lower the heat and cook for 25 minutes or until tender. During the cooking of the lentils , check the water and add more if necessary.
3. Preheat the oven to 225 ° C. Peel a clove of garlic and onion and chop them finely.
4. Peel the carrots and grate them.
5. Stir the onion and garlic in a pan with a little olive oil or butter. Add the grated carrots and continue cooking for three more minutes.
6. Crush the lentils, garlic, onion, carrots, aromatic herbs, breadcrumbs or breadcrumbs and the egg in a processor.
7. Add more bread crumb if necessary, until an easy-to-mold paste is obtained. Add the chopped fresh parsley.
8. Form the meatballs , all of equal size, and roll them into the crumb or breadcrumbs remaining.
9. Grease a baking dish with olive oil and place the lentil meatballs . Bake for 30 minutes or until well browned.
10. While peeling the remaining garlic clove and chop it. Sauté in a pan with a little oil for three minutes. Add the crushed tomato, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for ten minutes. Pepper to taste and serve the hot lentil meatballs with the tomato sauce .
Learn more recipes like this one from Easy lentil meatballs in the category Legumes .
Image : Knorr