Over time I have learned that it is important to have a bowl of ice cream in the freezer at all times, because with it I can prepare endless recipes. This coconut ice cream is not only dairy free but also completely vegan. It is super creamy and very easy to make. Let’s go for the list of ingredients and elaboration step by step!
You may also be interested in: Coconut alfajores recipe filled with dulce de leche
- 3 cans of 385 gram coconut milk
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 vanilla pod
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Step by step development
1. The day before coconut ice cream freezes the ice cream machine’s container.
In a medium saucepan add coconut milk, salt and sugars, and bring to medium heat. Cut the vanilla bean in half lengthwise and scrape the back with the back of the knife and add to the coconut mixture. Boil and stir until the sugars dissolve.
2. Add the cornstarch in a small bowl and mix with a cup of boiling coconut milk. Then pour this mixture into the saucepan and stir to combine. Reduce heat and let simmer until the mixture thickens; approximately for 3 minutes.
3. To check if the mixture is thick enough, cover the back of a wooden spoon and run your finger through it. Your finger should leave a clean line. Remove it from the heat.
4. Add the pure vanilla extract and pour the mixture into a large bowl and refrigerate until completely cold.
5. When the cream has cooled and the ice cream machine bowl has frozen, beat the coconut ice cream according to the manufacturer’s instructions for approximately 15 minutes When the ice cream has a smooth consistency to serve, transfer it to a freezer-free container and freeze until it hardens for two to three hours or overnight.
We recommend you leave: Coconut and poppy pudding, step by step recipe
What do you think of this coconut ice cream recipe ? Leave your comments and visit the category Desserts to learn many more preparations.