If I had known in advance how the coconut milk was made , believe me that I would not have really passed up a host of recipes that contained it. This tropical fruit is tasty and also provides a large amount of protein and health benefits. Despite not having proteins, it does have a good sum of mineral salts that help us remineralize bones and prevent bone diseases such as osteoporosis, among others. Coconut milk does not contain fructose or glucose and tastes exquisite. Learn to do it!
- 4 cups of water
- 2 cups unsweetened grated coconut
- Sweeteners c / n
Step by step development
- In a bowl, pour the water and let it warm without breaking boil.
- Put the grated coconut in the blender jar and add the hot water.
- Mix very well for a couple of minutes until a creamy, uniform and thick paste forms.
- Pour the contents into a coffee filter and drop the milk into a container.
- You can use the sweetener you want, it can be honey, Stevia, brown or muscovado sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and so on.
- Let the homemade coconut milk cool in the refrigerator and drink alone or with coffee, chocolate or tea.
- The coconut paste left over in the coffee filter can be reused to prepare more coconut milk, but with less water or it can also be useful as a special ingredient for cakes or cookies
As you can see, this coconut milk recipe is very easy to make and, in addition, economical. With this coconut milk you can make some delicious roti jala or lace crepes and many more delicacies that you will find in the category Desserts and Pastry . Remember that there are also other vegetable milks that you can incorporate into your daily diet if you are lactose intolerant.