Today we are going to make a homemade magnifying glass using a plastic bottle and water. A new idea that we found to be able to recycle the infinity of PET bottles that we have around us.
If something we can always use is our creativity Do you need to make a magnifying glass? With water and a plastic bottle, you can make it very easily . Keep reading and know the steps and materials needed to carry out this project.
How to make a magnifying glass with a plastic bottle.
Many times we can be surprised with the solutions that can give us those materials that we think are only for disposal. This magnifying glass is one of those, very economical and is fully functional, follow the step by step .
For this we will only need a plastic bottles, scissors or cuter, a syringe and a hot glue gun or welder. Very simple materials that you probably have at home.
- To start you need a clear plastic bottle, it can’t be colored.
- You must also have a marker on hand.
- Also a cutter to cut the plastic.
- You will also need a hot glue gun and a syringe.
These are all the necessary materials. Very easy, right?
Now let’s see how to make our magnifying glass. It’s very simple and will only take a few minutes.
- To start, wash and let the clear plastic bottle dry.
- The second step is to take the lid of the bottle and place it on the plastic of the bottle in the concave part, to draw with the marker two circles of that size.
- Then with a cutter you must cut the two circles.
- Then heat the hot glue gun.
- Once hot, join the two circles and run the soldering iron along the banks to make them stick.
You should leave only a small hole.
- The next step is to fill a cup with some water.
- Then fill the syringe with water from the cup.
- Then insert the syringe needle through the hole you left to the circles and fill them with water.
- Finally take the glue gun and run it through the hole to completely seal the magnifying glass so that the water cannot escape.
- Ready, now try a place with small letters and you will see how your magnifying glass made with recycled materials works perfectly.
The instructions can be found in the following video after 42 seconds:
Video is highly recommended as it shows several original ways to recycle plastic bottles.