Today we are going to learn how we can make a robotic arm using a piece of recycled cardboard as the basis of the project . A project to do with children, which they will surely enjoy.
The basis of the project will be a piece of cardboard, which along with some staples, a piece of cardboard, some glue, rope and a Bic pen or similar to make the guides for the rope, will result in a spectacular robotic arm that will delight the smallest of the house.
Robotic cardboard arm
- To start you need a large cardboard.
- You will also require markers.
- Also a black masking tape.
- A cutter, stapler and scissors will also be necessary.
- Also glue and a ruler.
- Also a silicone gun.
It will be a fun toy for children who can help to perform, is simple and they will love it.
- Draw your arm from 3 cm before the elbow to the fist.
The measurements are 60 cm long and 10 cm wide.
- Once you make the drawing, cut the figure twice with a cutter.
- Cut four cardboard strips 15 cm long by 3 cm wide.
- Staple three strips in front of the fist and the fourth on the side as the thumb.
- Mark on the back every 4 cm the fingers to form the phalanges.
You have to make three marks and fold inwards in each of them.
- Cut the remaining cardboard into fingers.
With your thumb, make only two phalanges and cut off the leftover as in the previous ones.
- Draw a strip of cardboard 6 cm wide by 3 cm long.
- Once cut, mark the first line at 4 cm, the second at 8 cm, the third at 10 cm. The fourth at 8 cm and the last at 4 cm.
- Fold the cardboard in each of the marks and form with this strip a bracelet.
- Glue the bracelet to the end of the arm.
- With the silicone gun, glue the second arm over the first to secure the fingers.
How to give it movement.
- Next, measure the arm, from your arm to the fist and mark, there you must glue a piece of cardboard 12 cm long, 6 wide. Fold it in half and paste it right at the mark you made before.
- Now cut a rectangle in the middle of that cardboard.
- On the other hand stick a piece of hollow plastic tube in each phalanx of the fingers and 6 tubes in the palm part.
- Then pass a piece of string through each hole placed in the fingers and palm.
- Tie at the end and then tie each tip leaving a circle where to put your fingers and move the robotic arm.
- Finally glue black masking tape on the front of the fingers.
Ready with recycled materials and
A little patience, you already have a fun robotic arm.
In the video you have the complete step-by-step instructions to be able to do it if you have doubts:
[make 19459041] robotic cardboard arm
Today we will learn how we can make a robotic arm using a piece of recycled cardboard as the basis of the project.