This vegan and gluten-free lentil bread recipe is made with rice and lentils and is very economical and easy to prepare, ideal for families with limited budgets. Without a doubt it is a great way to stretch your money, especially if you use leftover rice. Let’s go for the recipe!
- 1 ½ cups of lentils
- 3 ½ cups of vegetable stock
- 2 cups precooked rice
- 2 chopped onions
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon of sage
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ cup of barbecue sauce
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
Step by step development
1. Gather the ingredients of vegan lentil bread .
2. Preheat the oven to 180 ° C. Rinse the lentils and drain.
3. Fill a large pot with the vegetable stock and add the lentils. Boil, reduce heat and simmer until cooked, about 30 minutes. Do not skimp on your cooking time, since you will want them to remain soft.
4. Drain well and mash the lentils when they are still hot.
5. Sauté the onions and garlic in a pan in olive oil for 3 to 5 minutes.
6. Combine onion, garlic and olive oil with rice, lentil puree, barbecue sauce, sage and Italian seasoning. Mix well.
7. Press the mixture gently on a tray greased with oil and sprinkle with a little extra barbecue sauce on top.
8. Bake the vegan lentil bread for 60 minutes, sprinkling with additional tomato sauce every 15 minutes. Let cool before cutting and serving.
Although lentils and rice are gluten-free foods , if you are preparing this recipe for someone with gluten sensitivity, make sure that all the products you use do not contain it.
What do you think of this vegan and gluten-free lentil bread recipe ? Leave your comments and visit the category legumes to learn many more preparations.