If there is a dish that never fails with the little ones in the house, it’s the hamburgers. Therefore, today we bring you a different recipe so you can serve your children a nutritious dish and tasty without meat. The combination of soybeans with rice is exquisite and they and you will love it too.
- 1 cup of white rice
- 1 cup of soybeans
- 1 onion
- 1 egg
- 100g grated cheese
- Corn starch c / n
- Breadcrumbs c / n
- Oregano c / n
- Salt c / n
Step by step development
- Place the soybeans in a bowl of water and let them hydrate for 12 hours.
- Drain and put the beans in a pot with new water to cook over medium heat for 45 minutes. At this time also put water in another saucepan and when it starts to boil, add the rice.
- Once the beans and rice are cooked , drain them with the help of a strainer and place them in the same bowl. Mix and let cool.
- Grind the mixture little by little in a processor and place the mixture in another bowl.
- Process the onion and integrate it into the previous preparation.
- Add grated cheese and spices to taste. Mix well with a wooden spoon and ratify its seasoning.
- Add the egg and some tablespoons of breadcrumbs and cornstarch. Stir
- The paste should be consistent and very little sticky. If necessary add a little more breadcrumbs.
- Place the measure of a ladle of the soybean and rice burger pasta into a mold to make homemade hamburgers and exert pressure to achieve it. Repeat this procedure several times until the paste is finished. If necessary, add some breadcrumbs in the pan so that it does not stick.
- Place the burgers on a tray greased with oil and cook them in the oven until golden brown on both sides.
At the table
When ready, add a slice of cheese or mozzarella over them and bake until it melts or covers with four cheese sauce . If you wish you can accompany the soy burgers with a delicious Russian salad or vegetable salad.