With this delicious dinner for two you will look like you have never done before. The beef meatballs , lightly seasoned with nutmeg and pepper, are used to fill the pasta shells and then cooked in an irresistibly creamy sauce. After baking, the dish is covered with toasted panko and fresh herbs. Serve with cranberry jam and sour cream.
You may also be interested : Tomato, basil and cheese sauce to accompany your favorite pasta
- 8 uncooked pasta shells
- 250 g of ground lean meat
- ½ cup roasted panko
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup meat flavor broth
- ½ cup of cream
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh herbs
- ½ cup sour cream
- Cranberry jam
Step by step development
1. Heat the oven to 180 ° C. Spray a 24 cm refractory dish with cooking spray oil.
2. Cook the pasta as indicated on the package and drain. Rinse with cold water, strain and reserve.
3. In a medium bowl, mix the ground beef, ¼ cup breadcrumbs, chopped onion, salt, ground black pepper, nutmeg, milk and egg yolk . Form 8 meatballs.
4. In a 30 cm nonstick skillet, melt two tablespoons of butter over medium-high heat. Add the meatballs and cook for four to six minutes, turning occasionally until golden brown on all sides. Transfer the meatballs to the plate.
5. Reduce heat to medium; Add the flour and cook and stir for a minute. Add the meat flavor broth and the cream of milk; Stir until smooth. Heat until it boils; boil for a minute. Apart.
6. Insert the meatballs into each pasta shell and place over the baking dish. Pour the sauce over the pasta shells stuffed with meatballs .
7. Cover with foil and bake for 20 to 35 minutes or until meatballs are well cooked and are no longer pink in the center.
8. Meanwhile, heat a tablespoon of butter in the pan and add the rest of the breadcrumbs; Cook for three to four minutes, stirring frequently until golden brown. Transfer to a bowl and sprinkle with fresh herbs. Serve with sour cream and cranberry jam.
We recommend you read : Chickpea and shrimp sauce to accompany your pasta
What do you think of this recipe for pasta shells stuffed with meatballs ? Leave your comments and visit the category Pasta to learn many more preparations.