As strange as this may sound, I had never tried the pasta salad until about three years ago. From the beginning I thought it was a great idea, a tasty combination, which at the same time seems lighter than a hot pasta dish but definitely manages to eliminate hunger and leave you wanting to repeat.
The recipe I am going to explain to you is fresh, easy and fast ; ideal for a night of being at home and watching a movie on the couch, or putting it on a lavish table .
Processing time: 25-30 minutes
Servings: 2 people
For the salad
- 300 gr pasta – propellers, macaroni, ties, or any other preference –
- 1 diced green pepper
- 1 medium carrot diced
- 1/2 chopped red onion
- 1 young garlic
- 1/2 can of sweetcorn
- Caramelized onion to decorate (optional)
For the sauce
- 150 gr mayonnaise
- 20 ml condensed milk
- 10 ml vinegar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 20 gr mustard
- Other spices, optional – cayenne pepper, black pepper, Tabasco sauce –
Step by step development
- We put the pasta to boil.
- While the pasta is boiling we chop and cut all the ingredients.
- We prepare the sauce by mixing all its ingredients. We remove it until it acquires a homogeneous composition.
- As soon as the pasta is boiled, we drain it and mix it with all the ingredients.
- At the end we add the sauce and mix.
At the table
The decoration I have chosen for this dish is very simple. You can combine it with a very festive table, since it is a very versatile dish , but in this case it has been a loving dish, in front of the TV with a cozy decoration.
It is a spring recipe, with fresh ingredients , so to contrast I have added a little heat: a red fruit tea. It definitely tastes great!