If you are a fan of sandwiches like I am, you will love this vegan meatball sandwich. It is super easy to make and tastes delicious. The list of ingredients for these vegan meatballs may seem quite long at first glance, but most of the ingredients are just spices.
You may also be interested in: Spaghetti and meatballs meat recipe step by step
- 1 ½ cups cooked beans
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1 chopped small onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Step by step development
1. Rinse and drain cooked beans well. Place them in a medium bowl and mash them well with the help of a fork. In a medium skillet, heat a little oil and sauté the onions for a couple of minutes. Add the chopped garlic and mushrooms and cook for another two minutes. Add to the mashed beans along with the tomato paste, soy sauce, spices and rolled oats. Place the sunflower seeds in a food processor and crush. Incorporate the bean mixture and combine well. Season with salt and ground black pepper. Form about 14 vegan meatballs.
2. Preheat the oven to 180 ° C. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper, place the vegan meatballs on top and bake for 15 minutes.
3. Serve the vegan meatballs in baguettes and cover with marinara sauce, grated cheese and chopped fresh parsley. Enjoy!
We recommend you read: Vegan lentil meatballs, step by step recipe
You can opt for bake the vegan meatballs for 15 minutes or fry them in a large skillet with a little oil until they are golden brown and crispy.
On the other hand, one of the questions I often receive is whether they can freeze vegan meatballs and the answer is yes. I often double the recipe and freeze half. This way I have a delicious and healthy dinner ready for those busy week nights.
You can make baguette bread at home with 500g of 000 flour, 15g of brewer’s yeast, 1 teaspoon of salt and warm water as much as necessary.
What do you think of this vegan meatball recipe ? Leave your comments and visit the category Legumes to learn many more preparations.